a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Baby #2

Well, the excitement has been brewing around these parts for some time now, and I don't think it's fair to ask this little lady to hold it in any longer.
Baby #2 -- Pregnancy Announcement | jennafromtheblog.com
That's right! Baby #2 will be arriving in May! We thought, Hey, we're out of the diaper stage, out of the potty-training stage, out of the terrible twos (and threes, and fours!), and we have a fairly independent six-year-old... Why not dive right back in and start all over!?!? :)

We always knew, after we had Aurora, that we wanted to have more kids. I've always wanted to have a big family. (I think at one point I even referenced Jose's and my future together as "Jose & Jen Plus 10" - Yeah, I do stuff like that.) Anyway, the timing just never felt right. TBH, if Aurora wasn't the pleasant surprise that she was, we probably would've never felt "ready." So, at the beginning of the year, we decided to quit all forms of birth control and "just see what happens." We figured it wouldn't take very long for me to get pregnant, since Aurora clearly came sooner than we planned for, and we were right! I got pregnant almost immediately.

Unfortunately, a baby just wasn't in the cards for us at the time, and I miscarried. I plan to do a whole post on this later, but let me tell you, the "Miscarriage Club" is a club no one should have to be a part of. I know several people who experienced this before me and, until you go down this road yourself, the amount of heartbreak you experience is unfathomable. Again, more on this later.

One thing I never thought to do when I was pregnant with Aurora, was to document my pregnancy. I definitely plan on doing that this time around, but I do have some concerns regarding my ability to keep up. We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, thanks so much to everyone for the love and support we've received already! We love and appreciate every single one of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment