a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's Nursery

I fiiinally got the chance to take some decent pictures of Holden's room. The side of the house his room is on gets absolutely no natural light, so this little photoshoot took some planning. You may remember the post I did on my inspiration for this room. I really wanted an outdoorsy theme for our little guy (sweet Jesus, I am my father's daughter!), but nothing too cutesy. I wanted the room to be able to grow along with him. I have to say, I'm kinda, maybe, slightly obsessed with how it turned out! And I'm even more obsessed with the fact that my hubby worked his ass off to make my vision come to life and for making sure it was done by the time Holden was born. Seriously, he would come home from working all day or night and get straight to working on the room. Even though he's a total super dad and I knew he was perfectly capable of doing it, I was so impressed with his precision on every last detail... from making sure the stain was the exact shade that I wanted it to making sure the planks were lined up with the right mixture of dark to light so there weren't any heavy spots, he did not disappoint! (This also earned him plenty of other home projects!)
Jose made this hanging table, which Aurora thought was a swing at first and said she couldn't wait to push Holden on it when he gets a bit older.
You might remember those $90 mountain shelves I included in my nursery inspiration post. Jose made these mountain shelves himself! I can't remember the exact price, but they were definitely way cheaper!
Jose stained and nailed each plank to the wall and redid all the trim in the entire room himself. We eventually want to redo the trim in our entire house to this farmhouse trim, but baby steps!
We're still looking for the perfect spot for this amazing gem that was designed and gifted by my extremely talented friend, Kristin! Seriously, she is amazing. She has been since high school (Well, actually way before that!) and you can find more of her incredible work here. The Wednesday after we were admitted to Riley, Jose drove home to get some of our things and there was a Minted box on our kitchen counter. I asked Jose to open it, because I hadn't ordered anything from there and this was  what was inside. That first week was definitely one of the hardest, so this made my day in so many ways! <3

Anyways, that's Holden's room (that he has yet to sleep in)! His is the first room in our house to be complete and I'm so excited for Jose to start working on the rest of the house! :D

1 comment: