a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's Follow Up Appointment at Riley


Today we made a trip back down to Riley for Holden's follow up appointments with the plastics and feeding teams. They couldn't believe how big he is! 14.2 lbs. to be exact! At just 2 months old!  First, the doctor that performed his jaw distraction came in. He said Holden looks great and that we're right on schedule to have his distractors taken out at the end of August. Next, the feeding team came in. We talked about making some adjustments to his feeds. And then we also talked about the possibility of him having a G-tube put in when they do his distractor removal. I've been trying to avoid him getting a G-tube, hoping that he wouldn't have to have even an NG-tube for very much longer, but nearly everyone I've talked to (doctors, other parents that have dealt with G-tubes, etc.) has said that a G-tube would be so much better for him and for us. It's possible he could be off of the NG-tube before his palate surgery at 12 months, but he'd probably start to pull the tube out as he got older. Also, after his palate surgery, he won't be able to have anything by mouth for 6 weeks. So really, the G-tube makes so much more sense for a number of reasons. He'll only have a small scar from it and it will get all the tubes off his face, which I can tell definitely irritate him. The doctors were so understanding about my reservations with the G-tube and talked me through each one. I swear, the doctors there put me more at ease every time we talk to them. He really does have, in my opinion, the very best people working with him. We left the hospital feeling really good about where he's at with everything!

On our way home from the hospital, we made a stop at the Fashion Mall for a late lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (so touristy, I know, but I love that place!) and a quick stop at Nordstrom since their #nsale is in full effect! There are several items that I've been impatiently waiting for to be back in stock, so I had to check and see if any of them were in the store. One of the shirts I've been tracking was, so I guess that's better than nothing, right? I'm going to try to do a later post on all my fav items from the sale, once they're all in.

That's all for now! Happy hump day! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment