a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's G-tube Update


You guys. First off, I hope you're never in a situation where a G-tube has to be an option for your child. But. If it is, DO IT! Seriously! I fought it pretty hard because I didn't want something that was so temporary that would leave a permanent scar. I thought the NG-tube was the safest option because one, it doesn't require surgery. And two, it wouldn't leave a scar. But I cannot tell you what a difference it's made! This is the first bit of normalcy we've had since Holden's been born! The day after we got home from Riley, we conquered the zoo and grocery shopping. That was literally unheard of before. Poor guy was so uncomfortable with his feeding tube that he just cried all the time. Now he'll cry a little when we first feed him, but I'm guessing it's because his little belly is still a little sore from getting his tube put in. Aside from that, he's so much more content. Again, I hope you're never faced with this decision, but if you are, you will not regret it!



No comments:

Post a Comment