a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Baby #3 | 37 Weeks


How far along? 37 years weeks
Maternity clothes: I'm officially down to one pair of pants I can wear to work and it's nothing but Jose's clothes when I'm home (which honestly isn't too far off from what I normally wear when I'm home, lol).
Stretch marks? Nope. I'm sort of alternating between aloe vera, Keri lotion, and, full disclosure, I've started using my tried and true cocoa butter lotion again. Baby's heartbeat has been back to normal at every appointment since my 29 week appointment (when it was first irregular) and, although the doctors initially questioned my caffeine intake and said it could be the source of the problem, they did later say that there was a good chance it had nothing to do with caffeine and that an irregular heartbeat during pregnancy is actually not an uncommon thing and that it often corrects itself by birth or shortly after. I definitely freaked out initially, and cut out any and all caffeine right away, but since things have been great since, I've indulged a little here and there. I think the key is to just be aware and not go overboard. But anytime I talk about how much I love a product and how great it is, I definitely want to be 100% transparent about it, which is why I felt it was totally necessary to mention. 
Sleep: Sleep has been super crappy. Tbh, I'm kinda of at the point where I can't sit, stand, or even lay for very long before I'm uncomfortable. I'm definitely the most ready I've ever been to have a baby.
Best moment this week: Getting away for a little date night with Jose last Friday! We didn't even do dinner (mostly because I get super full after, like, three bites), but we went and saw Upside and it was sooo good! 
Miss anything? Ugh, honestly, just having the energy to do anything. I feel like I say that to people when they ask how I'm feeling and the response is always, "Oh, but you're carrying a baby!" and I totally get it and appreciate it. But when Holden pats the floor for me to come sit by him and I have to say no because it literally hurts to get down that low, or when he reaches for me to pick him up and I can't because even that hurts sometimes, it sucks. Aurora has been my go-to for "Hey, can you run upstairs and get me this or that?" and she's totally been a champ about it, but the guilt definitely starts to set in. And then there's Jose, of course, who always just gets shit done anyway. I seriously don't know how the man does it. He works all day, then comes home and gets started working on stuff around the house. Because we always have some sort of project we're trying to get done. He's not just doing it now because he's picking up my slack, he's that way all the time. And, obviously, I love it but, at the same time, I feel like I'm always comparing myself and what I contribute and it never even comes close. Especially now, when getting up to go do something in the next room takes everything I have. 😭😭😭
Movement: Tons and tons and tons. And it's seriously getting so exciting to think that he's almost here. Partly because that means I won't be pregnant anymore, but mostly because I can't wait to hold him!
Food cravings? Snow. Lol, not even kidding. Whenever I drink water, it always has to be with a ton of ice and then once the ice melts a little, I love to just chew on it. When we were snowed in the week before last, I took a big Tupperware container outside and filled it with FRESH snow and it was seriously the best thing ever! Aurora even helped me go to town with it. So I was maybe a little bit happy when we got fresh snow again last night. Hoping there's still some clean snow for tonight!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender prediction: BOY! Crazy how I was a legit girl mom for 6 & a half years and now I'll be outnumbered by boys! Well, unless you count the dog, which Jose says that doesn't count. 🤔
Labor signs: Definitely feeling those contractions more and more.
Symptoms: I think it's safe to say that I've experienced it all this pregnancy and that this has been the toughest one by far. I feel like there's a new symptom I'm experiencing each day and, to say I've been miserable, is quite the understatement. However, one random symptom that I don't really mind (well, most of the time) is the smells. The other day, Jose got the van washed and I happened to walk past it shortly after he was home and, seriously, all I could smell was car wash and it was so freaking strong and it was the yummiest thing ever, lol. I think I'll miss car wash smell when the baby comes. 
Belly button in or out? Outtie
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood most of the time: Definitely not pleasant these days. I'm whinier then I'd like to be (and I'm sure others would agree), but I honestly just don't even care at this point. 
Looking forward to: Meeting baby + getting the labor over with! Honestly, my labor with Aurora (& really everything about Aurora, for that matter) was easy peasy. So I never really thought twice about it with Holden. But with him, everything was the opposite. So now, my mind is constantly worrying about: one, the labor + delivery, two, will this baby have any issues like Holden did, three, htf will I deal with two babies so close in age, and the list goes on... Regardless, we will roll with everything just like we did before, but I'd be lying if I said my mind wasn't constantly on those things.
Total weight gain: ~39 lbs. (mostly because I'm just not ready to type "~40" yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment