a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Cheers to the Weekend!

Happy Friday all!!! I'm cheersing with water of course.

In advance of a little day trip we're taking to Chicago tomorrow, I created a style board of all the things I'm currently trying to find a way to justify to Jose that I need. [Okay, let's be honest, I'm trying to justify them to myself because Jose would say, "Sure, why not!?" Yes, he really is #husbandgoals.] The majority of these pieces are "regular" clothes, not maternity specific, and would basically provide a lifetime of happiness. Did I just justify them all?!

1 |     Quilted Faux Leather Biker, $60 - I know I've mentioned this jacket several times before. I've literally had my eye on it for over a year. This, my friends, is how long it takes me to make a decision. However, it's now $30 less than usual. Decision made. 

2 |     Nordstrom Knit Cocoon Cardigan, $79 - Loving the gray! This is not maternity, so it could be worn after as well. With a plain tee/tank, some skinnies or leggings, and a cute pair of ankle booties, this would be adorbs. 

3 |     MAMA Jersey Tank Top, $9.99/each - These are maternity, but super basic and I'd probably wear them every day. Of course, I'm going off of how they look online and I'm pretty picky about my tanks, so we'll see if they make the cut. ;)

4 |     Lucky Brand Bashina Perforated Bootie, $96.90 - I've had my eye on these forever as well. They literally sell out and come back in stock, like, every day, so I'm afraid if I don't make the leap soon, I'll miss out. And, they're 30% off right now!

5 |     Kristin Cavallari Lash Split Shaft Bootie, $159.95 - Super cute peep-toe for Spring/Summer! 

6 & 7 |     Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan, $116/each - This cardigan looks so amazing and, according to reviews, is insanely soft. I kinda want it in several colors. 

8 |     ASOS Maternity Leather Look Paneled Legging, $34 - I love the paneled leggings! Pro: More exciting than plain leggings. Con: People may notice if I wear them for 10 days in a row.

9 |     MAMA Super Skinny Jeans, $34.99 - So I got an awesome pair of black maternity jeans from H&M a few weeks ago, but these look a bit more distressed, which I love. Also, for that price, I have a harder time not justifying them!

As for the rest of our trip, we're starting off at the Shedd Aquarium tomorrow morning. Super excited, as I haven't been there since I was little and I think Aurora will love it! Plus, we get to hang out with Jose's sis who lives there [in Chicago, not at the aquarium].  I'm thinking dinner at the Cheesecake Factory will happen. So cliche, I know, but they have these amazing sweet corn tamale cakes that I'm obsessed with and, do I really have to mention the bajillion types of cheesecake??? We always say we're going to eat somewhere else, but CF always wins. We'll probably do our shopping either before or after dinner. 

Also, apparently there's some type of football event going down Sunday evening. While I'm a little sad that Green Bay won't be playing, in all reality, I could care less. However, it sounds like a great excuse to try some fun [read: unhealthy] recipes! I'm thinking these pulled pork sandwiches look amazing! Some type of queso dip or buffalo chicken dip would be good, too. And now I'm hungry. I literally just ate lunch. 

Okay, that's all I got for today! Hope everyone has a great weekend! XO

2 comments:

  1. How did you create this style board? It's fantastic!

    www.westcoastjensens.com

    ReplyDelete