a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

37 & 38 Weeks

37 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a swiss chard! | jennafromtheblog.com
38 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a leek! | jennafromtheblog.com
These pictures were actually taken a day apart (but still technically in my 37th & 38th weeks), because I completely spaced doing one last week. #pregnancybrain

How far along? 38 weeks
Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes + comfies Jose's comfies
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep has been good!
Best moment this week: Date night on Friday and we had our BaBy Q (baby shower) yesterday! (Pix of both are below.) Family + friends who become family + food... There really is no better combination! Whenever we have get-togethers with the ones we love, we are always reminded of how lucky we are. We seriously have some of the most amazing people in our lives. It's so easy to get caught up in our day-to-day schedules and sometimes it feels like forever since we see certain people, but then we get together with them and it feels like we pick up right where we left off... Love it. Also, I'm not sure if it's just because our weekend has been so busy or what, but I feel like this is the first time in 9 months that I've felt "normal." I definitely still feel the aches and pains of pregnancy, but I feel like this is the most energy I've had in a while. Jose has pretty much been a one-man show getting things done around here, but I actually had energy to set up yesterday, clean up, and I even cleaned out my car today and did some cleaning around the house. I think I'm finally nesting! Woohoo!
Miss anything? At this point, it's mostly food related. I miss lunch meat. I miss sushi. I do also miss laying in whatever position I feel like. Right now I'm pretty much limited to on my back or on my left side. Anything else is uncomfortable.
Movement: So much movement. I just cannot wait to meet this little guy!
Food cravings? Still fighting off sweets!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not lately!
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: Not being able to get comfortable [laying, sitting, standing, you name it], Braxton Hicks contractions, Charley horse cramps
Belly button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? Off! I can still get them on, but it's definitely uncomfortable. 
Mood most of the time: Definitely starting to feel more like myself! We're getting so close, I hope it stays that way!
Looking forward to: Meeting this sweet baby boy!
Total weight gain: ~43 lbs.

Date night with this handsome dude!

Baby Boy Shower Decor | jennafromtheblog.com
BaBy Q!
Baby Boy Shower Decor | jennafromtheblog.com
A few people have asked me about the flower wall... It was a super easy (somewhat time-consuming, but easy) Pinterest DIY. I just bought some fake flower bouquets from Hobby Lobby and Micheal's, cut them into individual flowers, then hot glued the stem of each onto the next flower. We hung them with Command hooks and fishing line... easy peasy! I think we're going to hang them in the guest bedroom!

And, of course, I totally forgot to get a family picture at our shower, so we did a morning after shot before heading to the dog park this morning. This is more the reality of what we look like 90% of the time anyway, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment