a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's Distractor Removal and G-tube Surgery - Part 1


Well, little guy, you're back in surgery as I type. It's such a weird feeling, sitting here in the family lounge. Waiting so impatiently for someone to come out and say everything went great and you're doing great and that we can go back and see you. The last time I saw you after surgery, when you had your distractors put in, you were intubated for a few days afterwards and I couldn't hold you. Now, it seems like this two hours is going to take forever, but knowing I'll get to scoop you up almost right away makes it all seem okay. Gosh we love you little man! 




Your Grandma MaryAnn made sure we knew she was watching over you today, too! Apparently 7 years from today was when she and I became Facebook friends (Facebook might be an ancient form of social media by the time you read this!), so Facebook let me know it was our Friendiversary. It stung a little at first seeing that, since she passed away in March, but then I realized it was a sign. Love when things like that happen! 

Alright, Buddy. Mommy's waiting for you... <3


Here's the last picture of you with your NG-tube! Hoping this G-tube makes a world of a difference for you, Bud.





No comments:

Post a Comment