a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden | 8 Months, Aurora | 90 Months

Peep Holden's duds here.

So honestly, I don't have much to report on our little man this month. No news is good news, right? He's been doing so great! He had a pretty bad cold at the beginning of the month. And he's been coughing a little this week, but he already seems to be doing better today. We have an appointment in February to determine if he'll need tubes put in his ears, which they would do when he has his palate surgery. We're actually hoping they will put the tubes in, as this will help with his drainage. We'll also have some genetics testing done when we go down in February as well. One thing the genetics testing will tell us is if he has Stickler's Syndrome. About 50 percent of PRS babies have it and it can vary as far as severity, but can effect things like his hearing and vision down the road. Prayer request for all you prayer warriors out there that he doesn't have this! Holden currently has a tentative date of April 5th for his palate repair. It's already scheduled with his plastic surgeon, but will be confirmed once we know if he'll have tubes and if the ENT doctor is available the same date. Praying this date works out, because otherwise his plastic surgeon isn't available until May 10th, which is 7 days before his first birthday and he'll likely still be in a lot of pain at that point. I'll be sure to update once I know more! 

As for my other favorite child, Aurora's Father/Daughter Dance was last Friday night. The past two years I've gone and helped out, but this year I stayed home with Holden. I always have so much fun spending an evening during the week, just Aurora & I, going to pick out her dress and spending some quality time together. I have to tell you, though, the past two times I've gone shopping with this little lady have really put things into perspective for me. She is growing up so fast right before my very eyes! I seriously feel like I'm going along with her, as opposed to taking her there, if that makes sense. I enjoy my time alone with her so much! So we get to spend some QT together picking out her outfit, and then she and Jose spend some QT together at the dance. This year, she decided to go rocker chick on me. :)
In other Aurora news... she had her first audition over the weekend and landed her first part! She'll be performing in Premier Arts' youth production of Bye Bye Birdie in March! Considering I laid on the whole "It's only your first audition, so if you don't get a part, that's okay!" pretty strong, she was so excited! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to see her perform!

Well, I think that about wraps things up for now. Until next time, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment