a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Overwhelmed

Truth: I love doing this whole blog thing and am so excited that I've been able to put more time into it lately. Second truth: I have so many ideas for it and my mind is always going 1,000 miles a minute brainstorming things for it and then I sit down and try to work on it and get so overwhelmed with where to begin that I basically start skipping around, spending a little time on each thing and never actually finish anything (hence the lack of blog posts). I bought a separate planner for my blog and I even get overwhelmed when I try to plan out what I should work on and when. Prioritizing has never been a strength of mine. I know I'm supposed to pick the most important and impactful thing and start from there, but to me it's all equally important and impactful. So, for no reason other than to simply unload, here is everything I'm working on at the moment.

Website
While Blogger has made this whole starting a blog thing super easy for me and I'm a little nervous to venture into anything else, I want my own dot com (as opposed to at blogspot.com). So last summer I bought jennafromtheblog.com and it's basically sat there ever since with a picture of me looking like I'm a super fun person to hang out with (I'm not), telling you to stay tuned. So I've been trying to get that up and running but, while my research has told me that WordPress is a better platform to use in the long run, it's a whole different story in terms of being user-friendly. Well, I'm starting to think it's more user-friendly than I originally thought, and maybe the issue is more so with the user. That's probably a better way of putting it. So, there's that.

Blog Posts
I have drafts for several different posts sitting in my Blogger dashboard. Some of them were already supposed to be posted. Usually when this happens, so much time passes that maybe only one or two of them actually makes it out alive and the rest get pushed to the side, never to be seen again. So. My goal is to get at least one post out each week, this week included (but not including this post). Hold me accountable, friends!

Social Media
I've always used Facebook and Instagram just for personal sharing. Trying to learn how these platforms can work in other ways is actually really cool and interesting to me, but again, time-consuming. I started taking an Instagram course two months ago and I'm way behind on it, but so far it's been super helpful and, again, fun to learn. Fun fact: I'm super uncomfortable doing Instastories where I'm talking to the camera and will likely never do a live post. <--- There. If that ever changes, you'll know I've grown as a person.

Another fun fact about me: I have some level of ADD or ADHD. Can't remember which and I never did know the difference. I used to take medicine for it and it seemed to help, but it also basically made me a b-word and I decided I'd rather be nice to my family and somewhat unorganized. Lucky for me, I'm able to function okay without it. (I'm sure there's some people that have it way worse and the medicine is an absolute must-have, so I'm totally not making light of that.) I'm not sure Jose would say I'm 100% cured of being a b-word. Actually, he probably would because he's nice like that, but it'd be a lie. Not that he's a lair... okay, back on track... Basically, what blogging has taught me so far is that, while it's such a fun, creative release, it's a LOT of work! Wish me luck! I'll need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment