a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's Shark Party!

Since Holden wasn't able to eat cake yet on his birthday back in May, we just celebrated it this past weekend with friends and family and shark themed everything! I must say, I have really grown to love being a little over the top when it comes to the kids' birthday parties. I feel like there's something so enticing and fun about themed finger foods and tying it all together with all the color-coordinating things. As always, we are so grateful for everyone who took time out of their day to hang with us and celebrate Holden's wild first year. Also, for those wondering why we went with a shark theme, there are a few hashtags that go along with the whole PRS thing--#keepyourchinup and #jawsome are my favs. So the shark theme was definitely a play on that, since our little buddy is the most #jawsome fella we know.
And if you thought for a minute that I pulled all of this together myself, you're totally mistaking. In fact, the only things I actually made are the Jell-o cups and the "fish n chips" (I literally mixed potato chips and goldfish crackers together in a bowl, lol). I'm so fortunate to have amazing family and friends who are so willing to jump in and help out that, honestly, sometimes it feels as though everyone that's there helped to put the party together in some way and we're all just partaking in our own hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment