a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Baby #3 | 22 Weeks

22-weeks-pregnant
How far along? 22 weeks
Maternity clothes: Mostly sweats and comfies, but it's pretty much maternity clothes in the event that I need to dress like a human (work or grocery shopping).
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Sleep has still been pretty great!
Best moment this week: Good weekend with my favs! Went to see the Garth Brooks sound check on Friday night, which definitely blew our expectations out of the water! (Not that we had low expectations for Garth, just that it seemed like more of a concert than a sound check.) If you've never seen him live, it's a bucket lister, let me tell you. I got some much-needed shopping done for the kiddos on Saturday. And then church on Sunday. I've been hesitant to say much about going to a different church lately, because I love our old church so much. But we've gone to a different one I think about four times now, and I love it so much too! It has amazing programs for the kiddos. Jose was going down and sitting with Holden in the walkers room and we finally left him by himself this past Sunday and they said he did so well! This was his first experience being by himself without anyone he knew, so I was pretty skeptical, but so glad it went well for him. Also, Jose has been getting so much done around the house! Mostly replacing all the trim and painting rooms that still needed painting, and our fireplace got a total face lift - which looks amazing - so once I can get in and furnish everything, I'll share some pix, but it might still be a bit (unless we win the powerball tonight!). The focus now is finishing Aurora's room (which has been a 2-year project) and getting started on Baby's room!
Miss anything? Okay, I feel like I say this every time and it totally makes me sound whiney or ungrateful. But does pregnancy just totally throw anyone else? I think I just feel like I'm constantly saying, "After the baby comes, we'll do this" or "I'll get back to that once the baby's here." I really hope that is never perceived the wrong way. My kids are everything to me and I so cannot wait to add this third little nugget. I just am always so... discontent?... when I'm pregnant. I don't even know if that's the right word. It's just that obviously the whole dynamic of our family is about to change - tremendously - and I just want to hurry up and get there, so I can figure it out. Also, I'm learning that, as much as I love to use the "But I'm pregnant" excuse, I actually hate it. I hate that I get tired so quickly and have zero energy to do anything. I hate that, while Jose is being all productive and getting shit done, I am not. Maybe my goal for the rest of my pregnancy will be to embrace this stage that I'm in. Crap, I said that out loud, so now I'll be held accountable...
Movement: Yes! Definitely lots of movement. 
Food cravings? Still nothing in particular, but I have good days and bad. I'd say I'm eating healthier for the most part, though.
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not anymore!
Gender prediction: It's a BOY!!! Honestly, we were going to be thrilled either way but, given that we did just get rid of ALL of Aurora's clothes, we feel like a boy will be better financially, lol. Also, Aurora has quite a few friends that live nearby and a boy will be the perfect playmate for Holden to grow up with. And I'm still trying to convince Jose that in a few years, the boys will be able to share a room, so the fourth bedroom can still be my closet a guest room, but I don't think he's quite sold on that one yet. 
Labor signs: None yet.
Symptoms: I've been past the sickness part for awhile, so now I'm just tired all the time, get out of breath pretty quickly, always fighting that constant starving/full feeling, feeling those kicks for sure though, and excited that we know we're adding another little man to this equation...
Belly button in or out? Still making it's way out there!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Mood most of the time: Honestly, I've been pretty moody these past two weeks. I also had a mental breakdown on Saturday about our Disney trip, and wondering if going with a 2 month old will even work, but tons of Googling has me convinced that we're going to be just fine. I've had a pretty bad cold these last few days, also, so I'm sure that's added to my unpleasantry a bit. 
Looking forward to: Disney!!! haha
Total weight gain: 17 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment