a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Holden's Toy Story Birthday Party!

Toy Story Birthday Party
We celebrated Holden's 3rd birthday a few weeks ago with a Toy Story themed party! He's my second child to be obsessed with Toy Story, so this one was particularly fun to do! In fact, I think it was also Aurora's 3rd birthday that we did a Toy Story theme for. I think I might just be a little heartbroken if Silas isn't into it as much as them, or once they're all grown out of it. 

We just did a small get-together with family and it was so fun to come up with the different themed treats! Check out that Potato Head fruit bowl! We almost had a minor disaster with the banner above the table. I'd ordered it about a month out from Etsy but, because of everything with COVID-19, it arrived about two days after his party. When I could tell it wasn't going to be here on time, I was scrambling to try and find something similar that was also at a great price, like the original one. I was starting to think I was out of luck, but a print rep my dad works with came through for the win just in the nick of time. Dan, you the real MVP! (Dan will probably never see this, but he rocks!)

If you're local, you probably already know Adam's Cake Shoppe is 🔥🔥🔥 and pretty much the only place we will go for cakes.
Toy Story Birthday Party
Toy Story Birthday Party
Toy Story Birthday Party
Toy Story Birthday Party

Three is one of my favorite ages. Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just said that out loud. Totally biting my tongue right now. But seriously, tantrums and meltdowns aside (haha, ask me again tomorrow when I'm alone with the kids), I love how much Holden is learning and saying these days. His SLP tested him last week and when she finished, she said, "You told me when you brought Holden to me that you wanted him to have 100% normal speech by Kindergarten and, Jenna, he's almost there. He's so close." You guys, hearing those words brought legit tears to my eyes. Mostly because I didn't know if that would ever be the case. 

Holden, you drive me absolutely insane. Like, to a breaking point I didn't even know I had. But, sweet boy, you. have. my. heart. I have learned so much from you. Your charm and sweet smile can melt my heart instantly. 

Some of my favorite things you say right now are:
"I luh lou," "I luh all you guys!" and "I luh lou so much!" 
"I never do that ever again" and "I so sowwy" when you get in trouble
"Teachers get mad" (Long story short, a few times when he was acting up, I told him if he does that in school, he'll make the teachers mad, lol. Now he says it whenever I bring up starting school. 🤦🏼‍♀️)
"I keem?" (ice cream) and "Go see neighbors?" (There's one family you refer to as "the neighbors" lol)

Other things I never want to forget:
You love to list all your family members and friends
You can count to ten and are doing so good working on your ABC's
You're pretty much potty-trained, just a few accidents here and there
You're surprisingly shy out in public
You love sweet treats and fruit like your mama
You love key lime Greek yogurt, which you call "Papa's yogurt," since he loves key lime pie
That you need 5 kisses and 5 hugs before we can leave your room at night
Our morning walks, talking about our days
Your love for bugs 
And so much more!

While I wish I could keep you this age forever, I'm so excited to see what your future holds! And maybe a little excited for you to not be a threenager! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment