a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

How To Make A Sweatshirt Chic

You guys had to have known that if there was a way I could wear sweatshirts non-stop and still call myself a fashion blogger, I was going to figure it out. Insert blog post titled, "How To Make A Sweatshirt Chic." 

As a member president of the Always Freezing Club, I can be found in some form of comfy sweats (preferably immensely oversized, hence the "comfy") 90% of the time. And that's when I'm out in public. 😂 When I'm home, it's comfy oversized sweats 100%. Actually, to be real for a moment, I have hypothyroidism, which plays a huge part in me always being incredibly cold. Throw in a little Raynauds Syndrome (likely caused by the hypothyroidism) and my hands and feet get rigor mortis purple (it's real cute) when they're cold (lose oxygen) and then lobster red when they get too hot (or when the blood flow returns). So, now that I have your sympathy, let's get back to making sweatshirts fancy, shall we? 

For the first look, I took a very basic ($11!) hoodie and paired it with some leather pants and boots to dress it up a bit. I'd also add that the chain crossbody brings it up a notch, too. 


For this next look, I threw on a leather biker jacket over another basic hoodie (same $11 one as above, just a different color). I kept it a bit more casual with jeans and athletic shoes, but the outfit still has a more relaxed chic look to it. "Relaxed chic" huh? I like it!


This next outfit is basically all of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe (oversized sweatshirt + boyfriend jeans + my favorite booties) in one! I really do feel like the shoes make the outfit with some of these looks, like this one. Add a wide brim hat for that next level blogger chic!


In the outfit below, I would say the oversized trench coat is the piece that takes this look from casual to chic. (And the purse, of course!) 


By now two things should be evident. One, I definitely favor my left side. 😂 (True! My profile looks way better from the left.) And two, the sweatshirts I'm wearing in most of these are very basic and, paired with just jeans and sneakers, would make for a pretty casual outfit. I mean, what's more casual than jeans and a hoodie? Obviously nothing wrong with that at all, but I just wanted to point that out because pretty much any sweatshirt can be dressed up when paired with the right components. Here, it's the dressy flats.


I love this next look as is, but I thought I had a boyfriend blazer to go over the crewneck sweatshirt and I do not. (Or I couldn't find it.) That definitely would have spiced it up even more, but I do love it with these shoes, too! Also, even something as simple as putting my hair in a low bun made quite a difference as well. 


Another look with my favorite pieces...


If you haven't invested in a good pair of faux leather leggings yet, I would highly recommend! I love what they can do to an outfit! (And a mom pooch. 😜)


And last but not least, another look where the shoes are kicking the outfit up a notch!


I have to say, I think these were some of my favorite pictures to do! I love, love, love my sweatshirts. And I've thoroughly enjoyed giving them the attention they deserve!

No comments:

Post a Comment