a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

16 Weeks

16 Weeks -- Baby is the size of an avocado! | jennafromtheblog.com

How far along? 16 weeks
Maternity clothes: I see more in my near future, but nothing else yet. Putting on my work pants has become a struggle and outside of work, it's mostly leggings.
Stretch marks? None. Hoping to keep it that way!
Sleep: Sleep is pretty much back to normal and I haven't been waking up in the middle of the night. 
Best moment this week: Making Aurora's advent calendar! I've wanted to do this every year, but just never got around to it and then December 1st would roll around and I'd end up buying the chocolate calendars. This year I actually made a calendar with little things for her to do each day. She gets so excited to run downstairs and check what each day holds! Observing the Christmas season through your child's eyes is so stinkin magical! 
Miss anything? Energy! Still! This past Monday, I woke up feeling like a brand new person (which is weird, because Monday, right!?) and I thought maybe my low-energy streak was finally coming to an end, but then every day since, energy has been on the lower end again. Oh well, I'll take those random days whenever I can get 'em.
Movement: Haven't felt anything on the outside yet, but the past few days I'm pretty sure I've felt movement on the inside. 
Food cravings? Still nothing in particular yet, but happy to start craving healthier foods like fruits and veggies. I have actually been craving Shakeology shakes, so definitely signing back up for those in the near future!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Other than about 5-10 minutes when I first get out of bed, the queasiness has pretty much stopped!
Gender prediction: I'm starting to thinking boy more and more! This one is definitely sitting higher than Aurora did.
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Growing belly for sure, pregnancy brain, some slight movement on the inside, low energy, and exhaustion if I'm standing too long.
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood most of the time: I actually wasn't sure how to respond to this one so I asked Jose.

Me: Jose, how would you describe my mood lately?
Jose: Mmm. Jenna.
Me: Okay, so how would you describe that to someone who doesn't know me that well?
Jose: You've been fine. I mean, actually, you've been pleasant lately.

Haha, not sure how to take that, but it is what it is.

Looking forward to: Christmas break and having two weeks off!
Total weight gain: Oddly enough, I've lost 5 lbs. (from last week). I think it's because I'm not constantly hungry like I was at first and I have been eating healthier, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment