a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

18 Weeks + Sweet Potato Hash Recipe

18 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a sweet potato! | jennafromtheblog.com

How far along? 18 weeks
Maternity clothes: I was supposed to go maternity clothes shopping over the weekend, but 1. We were too busy and 2. Trying clothes on right now sounds exhausting. I'm going to be ordering some things from ASOS this week when I'm off and actually have time to figure out what it is I actually need. When did my favorite pastime become such a chore?! Has anyone bought from ASOS' maternity collection? Their stuff looks super cute, but I'm curious as to how their sizes run, etc.
Stretch marks? None. Hoping to keep it that way!
Sleep: Better, but still never consistent
Best moment this week: Again, the weekend. Weekends when Jose is off seem to come and go way too fast. There's so much that we want to do together and just never enough time to do it all. Last night was pretty awesome as well, though. We were watching Season 2 of Fuller House and one of the episodes (I won't explain it in case you haven't seen it yet and plan to!) was way nostalgic and we ended up watching NKOTB music videos for a good hour, which of course then lead us to introducing Aurora to all our favorite 90's bands. She kept wanting us to play more NKOTB though. I think we've created a blockhead. Is anyone else torn between whether Donnie or Jordan is their favorite?
Miss anything? Still my energy. As much as I'm loving our busy weekends and spending the time together doing holiday-related things, I get exhausted/short on breath pretty easily. 
Movement: Definitely more frequent movement on the inside, but nothing on the outside.
Food cravings? Fruit. Cuties have been my fav!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Not really
Gender prediction: We find out on January 3rd, but still thinking boy
Labor signs: No
Symptoms: Nothing new. Just the growing belly, pregnancy brain, some slight movement on the inside, low energy, exhaustion, strong sense of smell, shortness of breath
Belly button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood most of the time: Still cranky 
Looking forward to: Christmas break!!! One more day of work!
Total weight gain: ~17 lbs.

In honor of the baby being the size of one of my favorite foods, I thought I'd share one of my fav sweet potato recipes! Second only to the sweet potato casserole recipe I make for Thanksgiving, this Sweet Potato Hash is way healthier and just as tasty! I usually have this for both of my yellows for any of you Fixers out there!

       For Potatoes:
       4 large sweet potatos, peeled and diced
       1 tablespoon onion powder
       1 tablespoon garlic powder
       1 teaspoon dried thyme
       2 teaspoons sea salt
       1 teaspoon pepper
       ¼ cup olive oil
    
       For skillet mixture:
       1 medium onion, diced
       5 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
       1 teaspoon olive oil
       Sprinkle of sea salt & pepper

1|  Combine diced potatoes with spices and ¼ cup of olive oil, mix well. Bake in a glass dish at 450 degrees for 40-50 minutes, stirring several times, until crispy
2|  Sautee onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper in a skillet. Cook for 5-8 minutes, or until browned
3|  Once potatoes are crispy, transfer into skillet with garlic and onion mixture, mix well
4|  Enjoy!
Sweet Potato Hash Recipe | jennafromtheblog.com


No comments:

Post a Comment