a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

21 Day Fix Pancake Recipe

21 Day Fix Pancake Recipe -- So good AND good for you! | jennafromtheblog.com

So I seriously feel like the biggest hypocrite ever right now, blogging about eating healthy when I failed my Glucola test. But the truth is, I really do eat pretty healthy most of the time. I plan and prep healthy meals every week, but the junk food I snack on in between is what gets me off track. But! I'm proud to say [and kind of brag a little] that, since receiving the call last Wednesday that I failed my test [which came literally 5 minutes after I had just scarfed down 11 mini Reese cups], the only "junk" I've eaten is a piece of cherry pie and a handful of semi-sweet chocolate morsels. I know! [It should also be noted that I do plan on fully indulging in a piece if cake this Friday - with no regrets - as our office has it's monthly birthday celebration and I am one of the guests of honor. Don't mind if I do!]

Anywho, I was supposed to have my second, 4-hr long test this Friday and I seriously [like not even kidding!] almost started crying when they called yesterday and said the lab tech would be out on Friday and they had to reschedule my appointment to next week. The best day that works happens to be the day after my birthday, which means I'll be on the "special" diet for the three days leading up to that. I am totally not one to even care about my birthday, but the idea of not being able to do something makes me want it even more! Anyone else feel that way?

Getting on to the whole point of this post...

While I haven't craved anything in particular, sweets have been my worst enemy! And while I've been eating better, it's definitely been a struggle. One thing I've been craving lately is pancakes! About two weeks ago, I almost caved and drove myself to McDonalds for some hotcakes. Breakfast all day - holla! [Anyone who knows me personally and just imagined me saying that out loud, I'm sorry.] But then I remembered pinning a recipe a while back for some 21 Day Fix-approved pancakes, as that is the meal plan I'm trying to stick to as best as I can. I went back to look at the recipe and, surprisingly, I had all the ingredients it called for. And, it was a super quick recipe, which are the only kind I'll really attempt. So I whipped them bad boys up and, promise you, I loved them! I even made them for breakfast the following Sunday. Another humble brag: my flipping skills have been totally on point with these. Which also never happens. It has to be a sign!

So, three paragraphs later and I'm finally getting to the recipe:

21 Day Fix Approved Pancakes
Makes: 6, Serving size: 3 (21 Day Fix portions: 1/4 Yellow, 1/2 Red, 1 Purple, 1 tsp. for 100% Pure Maple Syrup)

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 banana
  • 3/4 C. oats
  • 1/2 C. unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

  1.      Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
  2.      Pour onto a lightly greased griddle or griddle pan. (I used coconut oil cooking spray.)
  3.      Cook until lightly brown on both sides
  4.      Drizzle with 1 tsp. of 100% pure maple syrup (Optional, but what's a pancake without syrup really?)
So that's it my friends. If any of you tries these, I'd love to know your thoughts. 

Happy Wednesday! [OoOh, we're halfway there!]


No comments:

Post a Comment