a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

29 Weeks

29 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a butternut squash!! | jennafromtheblog.com

How far along? 29 weeks
Maternity clothes: Wearing mostly maternity clothes now... and baggy tees/sweatpants [part of my ploy to remain as sexy as possible throughout the remainder of my pregnancy]
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Still uncomfortable at times, but good for the most part. 
Best moment this week: This past week has been filled with a few highs and a low. Low: We said good-bye to my grandma on Saturday. She passed about 2 weeks ago and I'd really been okay with it up until her service [accepting that she was in a better place now, etc.], but saying good-bye is never an easy thing to do and the tears have to flow at some point and Saturday they sure did. Fortunately, I was, once again, reminded of how lucky I am to come from such a loving family and to be surrounded by so many loving, caring people. Also, I was reminded of how amazing our church family is for all they did for her service. So I would definitely consider those little reminders a high. Other highs: 1. I was able to be off work for a few days and spend some time with my family, 2. Jose and I went to a Sister Hazel concert in Chicago and I got to see one of my besties [and meet her s/o]! I got pretty exhausted and had to sit the last half out, but it was still a great time. Side note: Arriving in Chicago between 5-6 p.m. on a Friday is not particularly ideal. It took us an hour to go 7 miles! But as cheesy as it sounds, there is no other person I would've rather sat in traffic for an hour with than Jose. Somehow, looking back, that was my favorite part of our trip [gas station snacks, selfies, unified road rage,... really, what better way to sneak in some quality time together?].
Miss anything? Energy has still been pretty low, so there's that.
Movement: Still so many kicks from this little man! I love it!
Food cravings? So, confession time. Ya know how I've been bragging about starting to eat healthier? Well, I've been planning healthy meals, and sticking to them fairly well, but then still snacking on sweets in between. Apparently all that snacking has caught up with me because I had my Glucola test last Tuesday and failed. Yikes! I immediately dropped pretty much all sweets once I found out [I've had one piece of cherry pie and a few semi-sweet chocolate morsels since] and have even started working out a bit, which I hadn't been doing much of at all. I go back for the dreaded 4-hour test this Friday, so wish me luck! 
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: No
Belly button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood most of the time: The mood swings still come and go, but I'm trying really hard to be more aware of them and manage them, so I'm not a total asshole. 
Looking forward to: This little boy's arrival and spending the whole summer with my babies. :) I really cannot believe that we're going to have another human being in our household in just a few short months. It's been Jose, Aurora and I for so long now that, even though I always knew I wanted more, it almost seemed strange that it would ever be anything other than just the three of us. I'm so excited, though, and I know Aurora is going to be the best big sister ever!
Total weight gain: ~25 lbs.

I realize that heading out for a funeral may not be the best time for a happy family photo opp, but it's been a looooong time since the three of us have all been dressed in anything other than play clothes or comfy sweats, so I have to take what I can get.

Have a great week, friends! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment