a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

30 Weeks + Corn & Black Bean Quesadilla Recipe

30 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a cabbage! | jennafromtheblog.com
30 Weeks -- Baby is the size of a cabbage! | jennafromtheblog.com
Haha, forgot to crop out the slippers!

How far along? 30 weeks - 3/4 of the way there!
Maternity clothes: Maternity clothes + comfies is where it's at these days!
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: Sleep was pretty good this week! Hoping it stays that way!
Best moment this week: Because I'm a really exciting person, I'd have to say the highlight of this past week was getting grocery shopping done yesterday by 11:30 a.m. Aaaand, I'm serious. Normally I lounge all day on Saturdays until I absolutely have to get up to get groceries, or I just push it off until Sunday. Yesterday, Jose had an eye appointment, so I figured I'd just get groceries then and it made a world of a difference! There was no one else there, so it went super quick, and once we were done, we had the whole day to do whatever else we wanted. It was great! Like I said, pretty exciting stuff going on over here!
Miss anything? I know I must sound like a broken record, but sweets! Today is the first official day of my 3-day diet for my sugar test on Wednesday, so I'm trying really hard to avoid any sweets aside from the extra things I'm suppose to be eating prior to the test. 
Movement: He's still going crazy in there!
Food cravings? So the Costco sampler lady sold me on some tortillas last weekend and I can't stop eating quesadillas. Just trying to use a minimal amount of cheese. Yummy recipe below!
Anything make you queasy or sick? Nope!
Gender: Boy
Labor signs: I feel like I may have had a few Braxton-Hicks contractions this week. Not sure since I never felt them with Aurora, but I've read that they're a common thing at this point in the pregnancy. They weren't anything too crazy, but just some discomfort.
Belly button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Mood most of the time: I feel like it's been better... maybe I'm just more aware...??? Maybe I'm totally lying too. But if I have been cranky, I promise it's due to my sugar test being rescheduled!
Looking forward to: Baby boy's arrival!
Total weight gain: ~25 lbs.

Corn & Black Bean Quesadillas -- Easy to make & delicious! | jennafromtheblog.com

Ingredients
  • olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/4 of an onion
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 1/4 C. salsa
  • 1/2 tsp. chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp. cumin
  • cooked chicken breast, cubed (optional, I've made them with and without)
  • shredded cheese
  • tortillas

Directions

Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add black beans, corn, salsa, cumin and chili powder (and chicken if you like!) and stir to combine. Reduce heat. For the tortillas, I use these Tortilla Land Uncooked Flour Tortillas, so I heat both sides of the tortilla on a griddle and, as the second side is cooking,  sprinkle a little shredded cheese on half of the tortilla. Then I spread some of the corn and black bean mixture on top of that, followed by a little more cheese. I fold the other half of the tortilla over and flip the quesadilla a couple times until the cheese is melted. Since this is technically half of a quesadilla, I make 2. You could also use one tortilla on the bottom and one on the top, but I have flipping issues, so making them separately is easier for me.

That is all my friends! Hope you all have a great week! XO 


No comments:

Post a Comment