a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

My Greatest Accomplishment


As we head into our final 2 months as a family of 3 [4 including Zoey, of course! Aurora never lets me forget to include her. :)], I can't help but look at this beautiful girl in disbelief. Disbelief that just over 7 years ago, I was trying to figure out how on Earth Jose and I were going to explain to our parents that I was pregnant before we were married. The disbelief I felt throughout most of my pregnancy that this was for real and, in just a few short months, it wouldn't be just the two of us ever again and that our lives would change forever. The disbelief I felt once we had her and that I could love something so freaking much. [Also the disbelief that I could love Jose anymore than I already did, because he was - and is - the world's most incredible daddy!] The disbelief I felt when I'd stare at her at any given point after that, in complete awe, that she is, in fact, my daughter. What the hell did I ever do to deserve her? The disbelief I felt at every little milestone. She has always been so freaking smart. She's always had this incredible personality - sassy, but still so sweet, always smiling (that smile gets me every time!), so expressive in anything she says or does (just like me, her face says it all!), so curious, so funny and witty, she gets along with and loves everyone she meets. Sometimes I stare at her and I can't believe she is already 6. Her hands, her feet, her facial features,... everything still seems so tiny to me. Other times, I can hardly believe she's only 6. She'll do or say something and I feel as though I'm dealing with an adult. She truly is a ray of sunshine. Even when she has her moments, I have to keep myself from laughing or smiling almost every time. I don't say all this because she is my daughter because, honestly, I feel like I've always done "okay" at this whole parenting thing. Jose is the real MVP when it comes to parenting and we've been so blessed to have our parents and grandparents involved in her life as well. She's been surrounded by so many incredible people that have helped to shape her into who she is. Someone I could not be any more proud of. Someone who I see as a better person than I could ever be. I try to teach her all that I can about life, but she'll never know how much she teaches me.

While it almost feels like the end of an era of it being "just the three of us," I am so unbelievably excited to bring another life into our home. I know this little man will have personality traits and quirks of his very own and I cannot wait to see how they add to our family. Jose and I were in such a different place in our lives before Aurora came along, but she has been our inspiration and our motivation to create a better life for ourselves. I can only imagine how much greater that feeling will be with this little dude. I swear, if I do nothing else with my life from this point forward [okay, well, like 2 months from now], I have already served my purpose in this place.

This post was brought to you by pregnancy hormones and a heart full of proud wife and mama emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment