a fashion & lifestyle blog

Pages

Back to Work


Well, Day 1 of work after maternity leave is in the books. While it was nice to be out of the house for a while, I definitely missed my tribe. 

The day started out with my alarm going off at 6 am. Well, 5:45, 5:50, and then 6. I got out of bed, only to discover that Holden had slept through the night. That's great. Considering every night prior, he'd gotten up for one or both of his feeds. But Jose's first solo shift, he sleeps. Nice. I got around, got dressed, took my First Day of Work selfie (because I'm a fashion blogger now, it's what I do), and headed downstairs. I made myself a #bomblet and was out the door. 

Work was great! I got to catch up with all my co-workers, approximately 14,742 emails and, before I knew it, it was time to head home. I even got showered with gifts: flowers and the cutest baby clothes! PS Huge thanks to Lee who did such an amazing job holding down the fort while I was gone!

When I got home, I walked in the door to discover that Jose had cleaned up the kitchen and the living room and my jaw dropped. Now, most wives would be thrilled to walk in the door after work to this. While, somewhere deep down, I was happy a small portion of our house was finally somewhat liveable, I kinda sorta wanted to cry. For the past two months, I've been patting myself on the back that both kids have been alive and fed by the time Jose walked in the door. Today was the day Jose was supposed to finally see what I've been dealing with... what it was really like being the only one home during the day... being confined to a single chair with two, maaaybe three, 15-ish minute breaks during which I had to decide if I wanted to pee, make lunch, or brush my teeth. And this dude finds time to clean two of the messiest rooms in the house!?? Pssh, get outta here. 


Ok, well, of course I'm not really upset that Jose's first solo day went so well. It actually works out in my favor, because other stuff gets done. But. Fingers crossed this kid stays sleeping through the night for my next solo round!

And, of course, the highlight of my day was when I opened the door to hear Aurora say, "Oooh, mommy's home!" as she came running to give me a hug! And my two main men were hanging out, ready for kisses! Gosh I missed that baby's breath. Love my tribe! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment